On a Rainy afternoon

Me and Mike April 2018

Philippians 1: 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment

Our local Super 1 market has had some awesome coupons for baking items for this week, Mike was insistent that I don’t need anymore sugar or flour, but how do you turn down 5 pounds for 98 cents? So, this morning, I was up and out of the house by 6:30 am and I got to the market, purchased all I was allowed with the coupons, back home and everything put away. I was sitting on the sofa when Mike finally got up. He has no idea I went anywhere. After a bit, the dry cleaners called to tell me they had repaired the broken zipper in a pair of my slacks, I told Mike I wanted to get them asap and I asked him if he wanted to go with me. Nope – he was not interested at all. As I left, I reminded him to eat something.

I got my slacks, went to the mailbox, stopped at Albertson’s to get some lunchmeat, and home again. I was gone, maybe, sixty to ninety minutes. As I walked in, he asked me if I would fix him something to eat! (sigh) He forgot while I was gone and when I came back home it reminded him. So I fixed a sandwich for each of us, and then worked on a couple of projects for the office.

As I was preparing to begin filing some papers, I realized I was out of my large envelopes and I needed to run to Staples, again, Mike refused to go with me. I hurried over to the store, ordered a take out meal at Caruso’s, and got back home within 30 minutes. We sat and watched the news while we ate, then I wanted to finish cleaning up some things and start some laundry.

When I opened the washer, Mike had done some clothes, and the smell of mildew was horrible! After I wiped the washer out, and got his clothes into the dryer. I started another load of clothes, and asked him to NOT do laundry anymore – he was very upset and said the clothes had only been there about a day and a half! I again asked him to not do any laundry, just put the stuff into the hamper and I would take care of it. He wasn’t happy with me for asking, and he never responded. Eventually, he brought me a cup of hot tea – his way of making sure all is well – and he smiled as he sat it down. “I’m going to watch some tv downstairs. See you in the morning.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek and left the room. So all is well. It’s been a great day. Have a good evening.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: