Tread lightly

Mike at Raglan Castle, near Usk, Wales 30 July 2017

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path

Mike is really having issues with this situation. He’s lost most of his driving privileges’, he forgets a lot of things; he gets ‘lost’ away from the house and he has told me he’s fully aware that all this is happening and he’s unable to do anything to stop it!

Now, on top of all that, I need to try to convince him to sign a durable, medical, power of attorney, to give me legal rights to make decisions for him! This is going to be a tender subject to approach and I will need a lot of prayer to proceed. Out attorney says, he would like to have Mike come into the office and allow him to evaluate if Mike is capable of understanding what he will be signing. I really need to get this taken care of asap!

Last night he got upset with me, because I asked him not to turn on the lights upstairs – he keeps forgetting to turn them off. I got an earful of how he is a man! and he can leave the damn lights on if he wants! And I was out of line to say anything about it.

Mike and I sleep in separate rooms, he has sleep apnea and he snores really loud, even with the C-Pap and he thrashes around in his sleep. After one particularly active night, and I got a bloody nose, I told him we had to have separate beds. It’s worked out great for my sleep since! So today……I got up this morning at 7 am and stayed quiet, like I usually do. Mike’s normal is to get up about 9 – 9:30. I sat on the sofa, covered with a blanket, my computer on my lap, and a hot cup of tea, and then I had a 2nd cup by 10:30 Mike wasn’t up, so I quietly went to check on him. He was breathing well, and sound asleep, so I let him be. I fixed myself something to eat and sat back down on the sofa.. Again at noon I checked on him, and again he was breathing well, and I let him be. Around 2 pm Mike finally got up. He said good morning, sat on his chair and fell back to sleep. When he woke up again I asked if he wanted me to fix him something to eat and he said no. Eventually he got himself a bowl of granola, and then went to the family room to watch tv.

I met with a friend at 4 for coffee, and stayed gone an hour. It was dark, and raining when I got back home, but it was good to have gotten out of the house for a bit. I was able to spend a lot of today working in the office, filing papers and making a dent in that mess. I figure I will need at least 4-6 more hours to complete that task, but then it’s a done deal and I will have everything set up for 2020 taxes and prepare for filing papers for 2021.

It’s been a great day. Have a good evening.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: