A long day

Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Taken July 2018, a pretty garden setting

I was awake, and up, at 4:30 am! It was -11 degrees outside! I worked on some paperwork, and then sat down to a cup of hot tea. Mike had PT today, and I got him up at 8:30. After he was done there I dropped him off at a local restaurant for lunch with some guys, and I ran to Costco. Robert met me there and we got 2 set of shelves, 2 packages of tp, and 2 packages of paper towels. Robert got home before I did, he had 1 set of shelves unloaded into the shop and was taking the other set into the basement. He’ll put them together, later. I think he is planning on doing the one in the shop tonight.

Robert left to go to the food truck, and I was just putting things away in the kitchen, and I heard Mike talking outside, so I unlocked the front door before he got there. I really need to ask the main guy if he could keep Mike out an extra 15 – 20 minutes just so I don’t have to rush so much. I am thankful I can usually get a couple of hours a week for a break, but I need to figure out how to schedule some ‘me time’ in this. My couple of hours usually end up doing necessary errands without any chance to just relax. Hurry, hurry, hurry.

Mike is starting to walk slower again, and he loses his balance and falls forward when he leans over. He’s getting back to a shuffling gait instead of a stepping gait, he’s also complaining they are working him to hard at PT. I’ll have to tell Denise, or Adam, that he’s complaining about being very sore, and tired after his work outs. Today, he sat in the waiting room of the PT office and put his jacket on upside down, then pulled it over his head, like a sweatshirt, and it got stuck on his head. He struggled and struggled with it, but I didn’t offer to help. I let him do it. He was frustrated when he finally got the jacket on, and he didn’t try to zip it closed – he held the front together with his hands. Again, I didn’t offer to help zip it for him.

We walked out the driveway around 4pm to get the mail, I made him put his heavy coat over his jacket, and handed him gloves to wear. He decided to get a watchman’s cap to wear, and I had a scarf on – it was extremely cold! It’s supposed to get down to -20 tonight.

I am working on a plan to try to organize the boxes in the shop, to make it easier to go through. I am not sure if I’ll be successful, but I am going to take a small section of boxes and organize them in piles by what’s written on the outside – Jenny’s; kitchen; genealogy; Mike; etc. When 1 pile get to 5 boxes, that pile gets opened, sorted, put away, or discarded. Then it will start again, and the other piles will continue. I will possibly need to be doing this alone, so I have to keep it simple, and wait until warmer weather. I believe I may be able to start around 7 am, work on it for an hour and then go into the house to check if Mike is up. If he is, I’ll be finished for the day.

Mike has been in his room since 8:15, and it’s now it’s after 10 and my turn to call it quits and turn out the lights.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: