Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

An ancient xylophone, Photo taken in Scotland 2017

Today was another long cleaning day, and I didn’t move as fast as yesterday – I’m tired and I hurt; however, progress is being made and that helps ease the discomfort. Mike was up at 9 am and went back to sleep, and I began to finish the top floor. He was back up about 9:45 and wanted breakfast, and I stopped to fix it for him. I started again at 10:15 and worked until about 2 and he asked for lunch. Again I stopped to fix it for him, I was happy to do it. He hasn’t been eating well and hasn’t been hungry and I was happy to fix him two meals; he didn’t want dinner.

After I went back upstairs I was thrilled that Mike came to me and told me he would clean the toilets! I had already done the 2 on the top floor, but there is one in the powder room on the main floor, and 2 in the bedrooms in the basement. So I told him I would really appreciate that, and he took it from there. So, now, even though all the bathrooms aren’t fully clean, the toilets are! That’s wonderful. Except for my office/craft room, the top floor of the house is clean. Relief.

Mike really surprised me this morning while he was eating his breakfast he told me he needs to decide who gets what of his stuff after he dies! This is the first time he’s been willing to discuss it and I told him the areas that concerned me the most. He has lots of large art items, a kiln, a slab roller, etc. And he needs to decide who he wants me to give it to, or if I should donate it to someplace. We have our wills written to say which cemetery to bury us in, and today he said he wants to be buried in a Veteran’s Cemetery. I need to look for that.

On Saturday, the 13th, I had talked to a guy who is a Veteran, and he was supposed to get me information for the local Veteran’s Rep. I haven’t heard from him yet, and I need to get in touch with him. Of course, I don’t remember his name, but I know someone who does. That’s another thing I have to work on.

Mike seems to shake, or tremble, a lot more than he used to. He gave me a hug, and he was very shaky. I am planning to mention this to his doctor. Tonight, at almost 10pm, I heard Mike on the main floor of the house, and I got up to see what was going on. He was putting his coat on. “Mike, what are you doing?” “I’m going to take the trash out.” “But not tonight, that’s tomorrow night.” “Oh!” he took his coat off, started downstairs, then the front door opened. “Mike, what are you doing?” “I need to go outside” “It’s 10 pm, it’s time to go to bed” “I have to check something” He walked out to the front of the house, and then came back in. “Robert’s parked in the driveway.” I didn’t tell him I knew that. I just told him goodnight.

This is late for Mike to still be awake, and tomorrow may be a more difficult day for him because of it. I’ll have to see how it goes, but he seems more irritable tonight, than he has been of late. For now, he’s finally gone to his room and closed the door. I’ll be up a while longer to make sure he’s really settled.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: