A relaxing day

Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.

We were at a small church in the Cotswold’s of England in July 2017. We were told the local young ladies who are to be brides, try to plan the wedding day so the arbor is in full bloom and they get their photo taken under it. The church was lovely and the grounds were beautiful

I woke up at 3:30 – wide awake, sat up in bed – and stayed up the rest of the day! I watched the sun come up, and enjoyed my hot tea while I sat warm and comfortable on the sofa. At 6:30 I went upstairs to the master bedroom patio and watched as the white, misty, fog kissed the bottoms of the trees as a gentle breeze scooted it along the field. A lovely start to a very good day.

Mike got up at 8:00 and fell asleep on the sofa until 9. Our housekeeper arrived at 9 and Mike woke up when she came in. Mike suggested we go to Elmer’s for breakfast and let Emma do her thing. Off we went, enjoyed our meal and visited, briefly, with a friend. We got home, and I did a few things in the office, emptied another box, and put stuff away. After Emma was finished, Mike decided to go out to the shop and see if there was anything he could do about rearranging things – NOPE! He just shuffles boxes from one place to another, and back again. I’ve decided to just let him do it. The problem is, I don’t want to go out there and sit, or work; it’s to cold. So, while Mike is out there he has no one watching him and making sure he’s safe. This is a problem for me, and I do worry about him, but I still won’t go out there. I’ve tried to talk to him about hiring a POD to be delivered to the property and we pay rent for it, but it’s temporary, not permanent, like he wants to do. Doing a POD is also cheaper than renting a storage unit, and we wouldn’t have to haul the stuff far. Now I have to convince Mike, and that can be a challenge all by itself if he’s decided on something else.

We watched a couple episodes of The Pacific this evening. The day was very quiet and calm, which is nice after last night at dinner. He’s done well today with the meds, including the new one. I am going to make sure he doesn’t get his evening meds until almost 8 pm from now on. He doesn’t need them at 6.

As I am preparing for sleep, I am going through my plans for tomorrow and I’ve decided to try my hand at diamond painting. It’s putting little, colored, rhinestones onto a sticky grid to form a picture. This should be interesting.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: