In The Dog House

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

Trumpeter Swans at Lake Killarney taken today 11 March 2021

I woke up at 6 from the noise Mike was making trying to fix himself a cup of coffee. I got up and asked him what he was doing. He said he was ready for PT and I needed to get ready also. (sigh) I told him we didn’t need to leave the house until 9:15 and please go back to bed. He didn’t. He laid down on the sofa, and immediately began snoring like a chainsaw! I closed the bedroom door, but that didn’t stop the noise. I was awake. I got dressed, went downstairs and sat in the living room having a cup of hot tea while he snored away. At 8:50 I woke him to take his meds, get his shoes on, etc. It took him until 9:25 to be ready to leave the house. His gait is slow, he keeps falling sideways – losing his balance- and having to grab the wall, the hutch, whatever he can to keep himself from falling. Getting down the 3 steps in the garage was a total chore, and if there hadn’t been a refrigerator at the bottom, Mike would have landed on his nose. Fortunately, he was able to catch himself by the side of the fridge and stop himself from falling.

I dropped him at PT, one of his lunch buddies offered to pick him up, and I agreed. I had errands to run. A letter to the doctor about Mike’s driving! (He really must have his license rescinded.) A trip to the pharmacy for the OTC (over the counter) things he takes. Vitamin D3 5000 IU; baby aspirin; melatonin. The I needed to go to the postal annex and turn in some papers to be shredded – Ooops My wallet wasn’t in my purse! OH NO! I left it at the pharmacy. I had to go back. I found the wallet still in the cart. The plastic seat had flipped over on it and I initially missed it! Wow. Anyway, got the wallet and had to meet a friend at the Home Goods store, I waited for her in the parking lot, then ran into the store to pick up a stand for the bathroom. From there to the bank, and it was already time to get back home! Three hours flew by and I didn’t get a single second just for me. Lesson learned. If I don’t make a point of taking a break, I won’t get a break.

After Mike got back from lunch I asked about going to see the swans at Lake Killarney, Mike said he didn’t want to and fell asleep; three hours later Mike woke up and I asked again and Mike said no. I said okay, I’ll be upstairs. And as I climbed the steps I heard Mike talking to himself saying, “You’re really in the dog house now, Buddy!” 😅😅 Anyway, Mike called to me and said he’d changed his mind, “grab your camera and let’s go!” I didn’t waste anytime in getting out to the car. 😅 I drove us to Lake Killarney, then stopped at Blue Creek Bay, and then to Iron Pizza. A busy a full day all the way around. Tomorrow I finish the errands I didn’t get done today.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: