And a Bowl of Miso Soup

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Me and Mike in Cornwall, England for his 70th birthday. July 27, 2017

It was a very busy day, today. I stopped for a latte on the way to taking Mike to his physical therapy, from there we went to brunch at Elmer’s on Appleway. Then we went to our insurance agent’s office. It took the agent, and me, several phone calls to find an auto body repair shop that could take our car today. Finally found one – Caliber Collision on Kathleen. Then on to Enterprise car rental. After almost an hour, we got a vehicle and headed home. Mike decided he wanted to go look for another car, and we headed to a local dealer. I was unable to handle it. I needed to go home and rest.

We got to the house and Mike immediately fell asleep and snored really loud! After a couple of hours, he woke up and told me I should probably go soak in a hot tub with Epsom Salts, I agreed. Mike fell asleep again so fast, that I decided to stay seated until he woke up – again. Another 90 minutes passed and when he woke this time, I went to take my soak. I really enjoyed the hot, hot water with the salts in it and I sat there for a while and kept adding more hot water to the tub. It did feel good.

When I was done, I laid down on the bed and dozed off. At 7 I woke up and texted our DIL and asked for some Miso soup from the food truck. She agreed to bring some by the house and I was super happy about that. (and the soup is delicious!) After Alycia left, I heated the soup, woke Mike and gave him a bowl. He had a hard time with it, and ended up wearing about 1/2 on his clothes, the chair and the floor. Poor Mike – He just wasn’t able to eat much, the spoon kept tipping and spilling. I tried to get him to drink the broth, but he decided no and went to bed instead.

Our Grandson came in to take a shower and while he did that, I finished my soup, cleaned up the bowls, Mike’s chair and the rug, and I headed for upstairs. I got into my room, and sat there until the Grandson finished his shower, and went downstairs again.

So at 10:30 pm, I am hoping my little nap this afternoon hasn’t messed with my ability to sleep tonight. There’s only one way to find out. That means turning out the lights, and trying to go to sleep.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: