Proper Protocol

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God

Me and Mike at Bondi Beach, Australia October 2019

When I got downstairs at 7:30 this morning, Mike was sleeping on the sofa. I woke him up to check on him, and he asked me if Rick had cancelled for the day. I told him no, today was the chiropractor and not lunch with the guys. He said he was going to sleep until it was time to leave, I tried to get him to take his morning meds, but he wouldn’t; and he slept until 9:15, then we left the house.

Mike stumbled and shuffled his way through the entire day. Referencing things that didn’t make sense, if/when I could understand what he was saying in the first place. We were home at 1 pm this afternoon, and again I tried to get Mike to take his meds, and again he wouldn’t. I kept them in my sweater pocket, in a baggie, hoping to get him to take them at some point.

Around 5 pm Mike decided he wanted pizza, since Iron Pizza was closed, we ended up at Fire Artesian Pizza and had a nice meal with artichoke dip and crusty bread for our appetizer, and a pesto pizza with grilled chicken for the main course.

Getting home about 7:30 I asked Mike about taking his meds, and he said yes, and he wanted this evening meds also! That worries me somewhat, but I give them to him (He has one med that I cut in 1/2 and give it to him 2x a day so he ends up with 500 mg and I took the other 1/2 out of the evening baggie. I know it makes him very sleepy if he takes 500 mg at once. Anyway – within 10 minutes of taking everything Mike could barely hold himself up! I convinced him to go to bed and I stayed with him while he got into bed. Now he’s asleep, and I hope when he wakes up in the morning he feels okay.

I won’t let that happen again, I will have to call the doctor and find out what the proper protocol is in this situation – I was concerned with him going downstairs being so unsteady and I helped him get his jeans off, because he kept losing his balance when he tried.

And in dealing with this, I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, only about 5 hours – I’m feeling tired, and I am closing now to try to get some rest, after I go check on Mike and make sure he’s okay.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: