More demanding and belligerent

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God.

Volunteer sunflowers in my yard

Mike woke me up 3x last night, not physically shaking me, or verbally calling me; he was up, wandering the house, making noises. This woke me. I find I tend to get headaches now, probably because I am not getting enough sleep.

Mike is awake more, but he’s becoming more demanding, and more belligerent He says he doesn’t want to argue over everything, yet he argues with me constantly. He keeps telling me to mind my own business, he doesn’t need someone to watch over him. Then he turns around and asks for help getting his shoes and socks on, or putting his shirt on correctly. I believe the arguing is due to the dementia, but I’m not sure.

Mike was awake and getting dressed this morning at 7:15, as I was going downstairs. I told him he could sleep for 3 more hours and he said okay. And then he was up, and down, he got up to get a drink of water, he went to the bathroom, he laid back down, He wanted to find his shoes, and then he wanted to find a socks,And then he laid back down. Then he decided to take a shower, so he got up got a stuff together and climbed the stairs to the shower. When he was finished he didn’t go back to bed, he laid down on the sofa. And then he was upset every time I moved, every time I made a noise, this lace, he was frustrated because I woke him up. Eventually, about 9:30 this morning, I convinced him to go back to bed. When I woke him up at 10:45 to go to the Bennett house, then he was upset because he didn’t feel he had had enough sleep.

I got my errands done today. I got to the bank, Costco, in the Post Office, I got home and unloaded the car get everything put away, and then it was time to go get Mike again.

He went to sleep on the sofa as soon as we got in, and while he slept I went to the backyard checked my plants make sure everything was all right, and I picked a few tomatoes.

After dinner, Mike decided to watch a little bit of TV; And at 7 o’clock he decided it was time for bed, I had him wait until 7:30 and gave him his evening meds, and I told him good night. He blew up!! Told me I was out of line, told me I was micromanaging and I needed to leave him alone. (sigh) He was in bed by 7:45.

Now I have set his meds up for the next 2 weeks. He has several, so I put them in piles for each day, then put the piles into snack baggies. Each morning and each evening he gets a baggie. Many pills in the morning, 6 for the evening. This helps me keep track of what needs to be refilled, and also makes giving them to him easier. Everything is locked away, and I have hidden the key, so he can’t get into them.

Now, as the evening progresses, I am beginning to get sleepy. Time to sign off.

Published by motherpooh

I am a Mom and a Grandma. I like photography, genealogy, scrapbooking, canning, and gardening

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: